Quinceañera "Lupita" Doll Ceramic Figurine Rose Dress
- Quinceañera, Mexican Ceramic Figurine with a Rose colored dress.
- The figurine is 11-3/4" tall and 6" wide.
- A Quinceañera is a celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday in Mexico and elsewhere in communities of people from Latin America. This birthday is celebrated differently from any other as it marks the transition from childhood to young womanhood.
- Please note the beautiful detailing her Bouquet, Dress, earrings and the flowers in her hair.
- This ceramic doll is made by a family in Tonala, Mexico.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco were born in Tonalá, Jalisco in 1992, at the beginning, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits. Each figurine shows a figurine either going to cut nopals, a seller of apples, vegetables, flowers, birds, the shepherd or the traditional pulquero, thus showing the beauty of the streets of a town.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.