Mexican Ceramic Cross by M. Jimon Barba Collectable Folk Art 6
- Hanging Ceramic Cross from Mexico
- This gorgeous cross is 6" tall.
- It is 4 1/2" wide.
- The depth is 1/2".
- The colors are bright and hand painted.
- This wonderful hand crafted cross is made by Maria del Rosario Jimon Barba.
- Maria del Rosario Jimón Barba began to learn her craft since she was a child, thanks to her mother and father who were already Masters in their own right.
- Her specialty are miniature pieces, crosses and other pieces of art.
- She is a Master potter who has won many awards throughout Mexico.
- Each piece is made and hand painted by Maria.
- Her great control of the brush is clearly shown in his decoration that goes from geometrical designs to traditional figurative scenes. Her work range in size from miniature to very large. They amaze for the clarity of their visually expressed ideas, technical high quality and beauty.
- Her work is collected throughout the world and displayed in many museums.